McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil - 1 gal.
- Highly palatable
- High in digestible energy
- Contains naturally high levels of antioxidants
- Natural source of gamma-oryzanol
- Excellent hair coat conditioner
- Improves body condition
- Reduces dustiness of feeds
Useful for adding sheen to the hair coat.
High in digestible energy and will add calories to the diet without extra bulk.
- McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil is excellent for improving the body condition of horses, especially those that are unable or unwilling to consume more feed.
One gallon of rice bran oil is equivalent to the oil content of approximately 36 pounds of rice bran.
Natural antioxidants, notably various forms of vitamin E and gamma-oryzanols are present in significant levels.
- The antioxidant property of vitamin E helps to maintain cell membrane structure, red blood cell stability and capillary blood vessel integrity. Furthermore, the more active the cell (e.g., muscle cells), the greater the risk of tissue damage if vitamin E is limited. Consequently, vitamin E helps prevent muscle damage, inflammation and "tying-up" in horses. Another important function of vitamin E is its role in maximizing the immune function.
- Besides having an antioxidative function, gamma-oryzanol is listed in The Merck Index (12th ed., 1996) as an anti-ulcerative. Therefore, McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil may also reduce the incidence or severity of gastric ulcers.
- McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil contains approximately 2 percent gamma-oryzanol. Therefore, 2.5 fluid ounces (2.28 ounces by weight) will contain 1,290 milligrams of gamma-oryzanol, which is higher than the daily dose of most equine "body building" supplements. (Please note: After an exhaustive search, no research could be found to support the body building effect of gamma-oryzanol in horses or humans.)
Safe alternative for horses refusing to consume other vegetable oils.
Provides the benefits without most of the disadvantages of rice bran.
- More palatable than rice bran
- McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil produces no digestive disturbances, while rice bran can occasionally cause digestive upset in horses.
- Avoids imbalances of other nutrients. Rice bran oil contains negligible amounts of calcium and phosphorus. Rice bran, on the other hand, can contain either a high level of phosphorus and little calcium or high phosphorus and very high calcium depending on the manufacturer. The amounts of phosphorus and calcium in rice bran have the potential to significantly alter the calcium/phosphorus balance in the total diet.
Safe for hyperkalemic periodic paralysis disease (HYPP) horses, McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil contains very little potassium. Therefore, it provides an excellent source of additional calories to HYPP horse diets. Some feedstuffs commonly fed for extra calories, such as rice bran and whole soybeans, also contain high levels of potassium and would not be recommended for HYPP horses.
- Performance horses, such as endurance horses, three-day eventers, racehorses and others
- Conditioning horses for sale or show
Improving hair coat or body condition
Don't Forget the Pump! McCauley's® All-Natural Rice Bran Oil Pump