- Reduced levels of sugars and starches
- Sources of usable calories for horses intolerant to typical grains
- Designed to maintain optimal body condition
- Contains flaxseed as the only grain and no molasses
- Formulated for nutritionally-challenging conditions
- Available in approximately 3/16 and 1/2 inch diameter pellets
Feed ½ to 2 lbs. per 100 pounds body weight per day.
Alam® is the ideal solution when:
There is a need to avoid grains:
- Horses prone to founder (laminitis) – to maintain a healthy body condition without the dangers of common grains or feeds.
- Respiratory problems such as heaves or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) due to dust from typical hays and feeds.
A higher energy diet is required:
- Extremely thin horses who need to gain weight quickly.
- Horses already consuming a large quantity of grain or feed and still below ideal weight.
Chewing is difficult:
- Poor or missing teeth
- Damaged jaw
- Nerve damage
Gut function is below normal:
- Horses prone to colic
- Aged horses whose gut function is no longer optimum
- Recovering from abdominal surgery
- Recovering from gastroenteritis
- Glucose intolerance
- Poor absorption in the small intestine
A mash is required:
- To add to the water intake, particularly during cold weather.
- To mask an unpalatable medication (Add 2 parts boiling water to 1 part of Alam® by volume to make a mash of good consistency. Allow mixture to cool before feeding.)
HYPP positive horses:
- Low in potassium. Alam may be fed as the total diet or with grass hay for HYPP positive horses.
Feeding levels may vary with the seasons, type of forage, level of work, desired weight gain and the general condition of the horse. Always provide reasonable quality hay and/or pasture; clean, fresh water and salt. Lush pastures and excellent quality hays can founder some horses. Do not feed additional proteins, vitamins or minerals except on the advice of a nutritionist. Consult your veterinarian concerning proper health programs.
|Crude Protein (min)
|Crude Fat (min)
|Crude Fiber (max)
|Vitamin A (min)
|Vitamin E (min)